Friday, September 23, 2011

What is the best way to install my new video card?

I currently have a Geforce 8800 GTS, and I am upgrading to the Radeon HD 4890. My only real concern is the order in which I do things. Should I first uninstall my Nvidia drivers, then change the graphics cards, then install the ATI drivers? Or, should I change the graphics cards, then uninstall the old drivers and install the new drivers? Thanks!What is the best way to install my new video card?Your first instinct was correct:



--Uninstall nVidia drivers

--Remove nVidia card

--Install ATI card

--Boot PC

--Install ATI drivers



That should give you the cleanest install of your new card and drivers.



Enjoy!!What is the best way to install my new video card?will not matter either way you do it. you dont even have to unintall the old drivers if you dont want to that way if your new card fails you can just throw your old one backin till it is replace and you wont have to load drivers again for the old card. but i would recoment unistalling any software that loaded with the old card.What is the best way to install my new video card?remove the old card and install the new one be careful you don't wont to damage the old or new card with static best bet would to keep one of your arms touching the metal case while working inside the case.