Monday, September 19, 2011

Change sercuriy center setting to "notify me but dont automatically download and install them"?

HI..



I have norton av, if i go in the sercurity centre and change automatic updates to %26quot;notify me but don't automatically download or install them%26quot;.



My anti virus icon changes from a green tick to an orange cross, telling me to fix this, if i do fix this it will put me back to automatically recieve updates

Can i just ignore this message to %26quot;fix this%26quot;



And have %26quot;notify me but don't automatically download or install them%26quot;.



windows xpChange sercuriy center setting to %26quot;notify me but dont automatically download and install them%26quot;?Just ignore it,its probably Norton worrying that you don't have automatic updates turned on.I am a little surprised,i could understand it if you had totally turned off updates.I have my updates to notify too, but i don't have norton.Change sercuriy center setting to %26quot;notify me but dont automatically download and install them%26quot;?I didn't think it would do that option. I thought it would only do automatic updates or maybe not. But why wouldn't you want updates to Norton when it is part of your subscription?



Windows updates are more nefarious, since they want to check for copyrights on downloads....



I have had a red thingy over checking the websites for phishing since my subscription expired and I just ignore it. Then I had to system restore and it gave me 2005 that came with the original system and it extended my subscription so that I could get updates online. 2007 one had expired. For some reason it seems that when you system restore or re-install 2005 version it extends your subscription time. Not sure why.2007 version does not do this.
  • dog
  • ie hosted control
  •