Monday, September 19, 2011

Can somebody install a tracing device in your computer?

I took my computer to a repair shop for a hard drive change. Can they install something in my computer and see my hard drive or online information if they wanted to?Can somebody install a tracing device in your computer?Yeah, it is called a keylogger. But I dont think they would do that though. Not only would they lose their business they would be sued.



If you are worried run a virus/adware/spyware scan.



Regards,



DaneCan somebody install a tracing device in your computer?I doubt it, but you may have been hacked, try this,

http://www.download.com/Anti-Hacker/3000Can somebody install a tracing device in your computer?If you've taken your system to a repair shop then they can pretty much look at everything on your system when they have it. Can they install something on your system to monitor your activity? Sure. There are key logger programs that can be installed to log everything that you type on your computer to a file. If they have enough knowledge they could have that file sent to them when you're connected to the internet.



I'm not trying to %26quot;scare%26quot; you, but always know the people in your repair shop and make sure they're reputable.