Monday, September 19, 2011

Vista won't let me install anything or change home page? HELP PLEASE!?

Okay, tried to install Chrome first, then Pokerstars, then Full Tilt Poker, then another program and NONE of them will complete. It won't let me change the home page either, it's like the damn computer is on lockdown, and I am the administrator!

I have completely turned off the windows firewall, disabled the antivirus software I have (McAffee enterprise edition, don't think it's this- it hasn't given me this trouble on any of the other 4 computers that have the same software), I have tried to run it an an administrator, closed all other programs, made sure that IE7 will allow software to install without certificates, etc.. I feel like I have tried EVERYTHING. If you can help me here, I will seriously pay you $3 in Paypal if your solution works. Please help as I am getting frustrated!!!!Vista won't let me install anything or change home page? HELP PLEASE!?Reinstall your Operating System this should take one hour and you will be smooth sailing after!Vista won't let me install anything or change home page? HELP PLEASE!?First of all keep your money...secondly...have you thought that your computer doesn't have enough memory to load those programs ??



Do this...do a Disc Cleanup and a Disc Defragmentation.....after those two steps are accomplished...to to CNet.com downloads and download CC Cleaner...it will clean up the temporary internet files and all the other garbage on your computer.....also...when you download a seperate browser...make sure to keep the IE as your default.....I have Firefox as a Seperate browser and IE as the Default...reason...most of your programs on the computer recognize the IE and its settings....



Try those first 3 steps above and i am sure you will have better results.....Take care......Mike