Friday, June 3, 2011

What steps and things I need to change or do if I want to install Oracle 10g application server on my Win XP?

I have Windows XP with sufficient RAM and memory. I need to install Oracle 10 g application server on it. I successfully was able to install it on my machine but the problem occurs while connecting using SQL Plus. I get a TNS protocol error number ORA-12560What steps and things I need to change or do if I want to install Oracle 10g application server on my Win XP?If running on the server (or workstation) that is running the database (i.e. if the database is local to the machine) then try explicitly setting ꄵRACLE_SID? e.g.

set ORACLE_SID=%26lt;sid%26gt;



and then try again. If this works then consider whether to make the change permanent by specifying it as a system variable.



(Possibly 8.1.5 and later:) If running on the server (or workstation) that is running the database then check that the service name ꄵracleService%26lt;SID%26gt;?ties up with the actual database SID. If the database SID is changed without recreating the service then this can lead to this error. To recreate the service:



oradimxx -delete -sid %26lt;old-sid%26gt;



oradimxx -new -sid %26lt;SID%26gt; -intpwd %26lt;internal-password%26gt; AUTO -pfile %26lt;full-init-ora-filename%26gt;



http://www.active-gene.com

http://hosting.active-gene.com/What steps and things I need to change or do if I want to install Oracle 10g application server on my Win XP?Try this site -

www.hotscripts.com/Detailed/48345.html

For new feature see this:

http://mysite.verizon.net/resnwm24/newfe