Friday, June 3, 2011

I just did a full install of Ubuntu. How do I change my pc back to windows and dos?

Did a complete install 100% of hard drive. I no can figure it out. A few step by steps would be appreciated.I just did a full install of Ubuntu. How do I change my pc back to windows and dos?A few things here... DOS? I very much doubt you have dos!! But what exactly are you trying to do? If you are trying to just get rid of ubuntu and run windows again you need to reinstall. If you are trying to dual boot thats a little more complicated. If you tell me what you did and what you are trying to get done I can talk ya through it.I just did a full install of Ubuntu. How do I change my pc back to windows and dos?From what you said in your question, I can only presume that you had Windows, and than installed Ubuntu on the partition where the Windows was.

First of why do you have DOS? I mean you have DOS in Windows, just run cmd...

But let's get back to your question. All you need to do is boot from your Windows installation disk, and when you get to the part where you pick the partition for Windows, just format the Ubuntu partition to NTFS and install Windows there.