Friday, June 3, 2011

Do I have to re-install Windows XP if I change only my motherboard ?

Upgrading to a new motherboard and I would rather not reinstall Winxp. Will that work ? I am thinking yes but anyone else know for sure ?Do I have to re-install Windows XP if I change only my motherboard ?sometimes it will need a full reinstall

sometimes it will need just a win repair

and sometimes it will just work fineDo I have to re-install Windows XP if I change only my motherboard ?if its the same brand and model you shouldnt have toDo I have to re-install Windows XP if I change only my motherboard ?yes you will. major hardware upgrades (hard drive, mobo) you will need to reinstall windows and new driversDo I have to re-install Windows XP if I change only my motherboard ?yes.. so windows well recognize all new compnits in your computer you well have to reinstall windowDo I have to re-install Windows XP if I change only my motherboard ?When you boot Windows up it will need the hardware drivers for the motherboard if it can not find them. This should not be a problem.Do I have to re-install Windows XP if I change only my motherboard ?you do, FOR SURE. with that kind of major hardware upgrade