Friday, June 3, 2011

Do I have to change my PVC lines when I install a Tankless Hot water heater?

I am considering installing a Tankless Hot water heater here in the next few months and was wondering whether or not I would have to switch part of my lines over to copper. Anybody installed the electric version of a tankless system and have problems? ThanksDo I have to change my PVC lines when I install a Tankless Hot water heater?We are thinking of installing an electric tankless hot water also and we researched it on the internet. If you can get online go to Bosch.com and there is info you will find interesting.Do I have to change my PVC lines when I install a Tankless Hot water heater?There is alot more to consider before installing electric tankless than just pipes. First, PVC is not rated for hot water. If using plastic, go with CPVC or PEX. I would still use copper within 18%26quot; of the heater. Second, these heaters usually dont deliver enough hot water to satisfy peak demands. I would suggest a Rannai gas tankless. Its more expensive but it works, and will save you alot of money. Electric tankless heaters just dont deliver the GPM of water that gas units can. Considering your situation, the electric model would be a good choice.