Thursday, November 25, 2010

XP upgrade disk to install OS after motherboard change?

I'm going to replace my cpu, motherboard, and ram soon. I've heard that when changing motherboards I have to reinstall windows. Can I use my XP upgrade disk to install windows XP? since i did have XP prior to the change.XP upgrade disk to install OS after motherboard change?when you go to install windows it should give you an option to repair the installation



you can just use that after the new motherboard is installed and it should work just fine



however, if you haven't re-installed windows in a while it's probably a smart idea to do a clean install



but yes, as long as there is a install of windows on the hard drive the cd will see that and just go ahead



also, when the computer says %26quot;Press any key to boot from CD...%26quot; press any key there to boot into the setup (don't do it from windows)