Thursday, November 25, 2010

How can I change my static ip to dynamic ip, some say i have to install a dhcp server, im using vista?

I am using vista, i have a static ip address whenever i turn off my modem. Some say i need to install a DHCP.

I can see how to change ip address if i am on a dynamic ip but how do i do it with static ip.



BenHow can I change my static ip to dynamic ip, some say i have to install a dhcp server, im using vista?Internal IP address (the address your PC has on your internal network) can be changed by accessing the router interface. You have to remove the static IP mapping for your PC if you want it dynamic. Routers have inbuilt DHCP servers, but it may be turned off, in which case turn it on (it will be a switch or checkbox somewhere in the router's web interface).



External IP address (the one seen by any of your PCs when accessing the internet) can only be changed between static/dynamic by your ISP, since they are the ones assigning it to you.How can I change my static ip to dynamic ip, some say i have to install a dhcp server, im using vista?Your IP address is supplied to you by your ISP, if you rather have a dynamic IP you need to call them to change it.