Thursday, November 25, 2010

How do I change/install a ATI driver?!?

Okay my Radeon 9100 (Display Version: 6.14.10.6396)display driver is currently working fine, but I play a game called Counter Strike where it sometimes crashes.



The support page for the game says that my current driver is the cause of the crashes, and that I need to download and install an updated version (Recommended Driver Version is 8.282).



I have spent about 2 hours downloading different and various products from ATI.com and it is completely frazzling to have majority of them pop up with the message 'driver is not compatible with your existing hardware or operating system'.



I need help on how to install the required driver so my game can run smoothly! All advice will be greatly appreciated!How do I change/install a ATI driver?!?You will first need to get into the Add/Remove programs and uninstall it from there first. Then you need to search for any folders that say ATI that are left over from the uninstall. Get into your %26quot;regedit%26quot; as well and hunt down and delete manually anything ATI. After that is taken care of, i'd run CCleaner just to make sure. Goto ATI's homepage and find the most recent driver/ catalyst for your card and OS. Restart your puter after you have downloaded (not installed yet), and then install your download. This should take care of your problem.