Thursday, November 25, 2010

If i install Ubuntu inside windows will it erase or change anything on my normal windows desktop?

Im just trying out linux and im liking it alot but i still need my windows XP. If i choose the option to install ubuntu inside windows will it change anything? What does it do after installed? Thanks.If i install Ubuntu inside windows will it erase or change anything on my normal windows desktop?I would not install Linux %26quot;inside Windows%26quot;. Although I've never done it like that I always install it on a seperate partition. Click the %26quot;help me restart%26quot; option and follow the %26quot;Install%26quot; instructions on the Linux side. And no, it doesnt mess with anything in your Windows side. It should install it on a seperate chunk of your hard drive (partition) and you are givin the option to boot into Windows XP or Ubuntu(Linux). So in short the answer is %26quot;No it does not change anything on Windows except adding %26quot;Ubuntu%26quot; under the Add/Remove Programs list.%26quot; But if you uninstall Linux you're left with an unusable chunk of hard drive that was partitioned and will have to use a partitioning program to get it back.If i install Ubuntu inside windows will it erase or change anything on my normal windows desktop?. Ubuntu has made dual boot without disturbing your NTFS partition in Windows absolutely foolproof so you just have to OS on 1 hard drive
  • dating to find
  • cleaning out a
  •