Tuesday, October 25, 2011

What happens if I change my computer after installing a copy of WIndows 7? I assume I can't use it again?

I run a Mac with Bootcamp, and I want to put on Win7 when it comes out. When I sell my Mac, can I take off the Win 7 partition and use it again on another pC or will it only work on the first one I install upon?What happens if I change my computer after installing a copy of WIndows 7? I assume I can't use it again?If Windows 7 was installed on the computer by the manufacturer you can not transfer it to a new computer.



If you bought the Windows 7 yourself then you can install it on another computer IF you first remove the copy from your other computer. Installation will go fine but when you enter the license key you will get an error. Usually a phone number will be displayed you will need to contact at Microsoft to resolve the problem. Using the telephone activation method, tell them you uninstalled it from your old MAC computer and were installing it on your new computer. They do something to allow Microsoft to authenticate it on the new computer.



Move license win7 to another computer?

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Foru



I'm use win7 pro (RTM). I uninstall win7 on my desktop and reinstall on my laptop, Can I activate win7 by internet?



Answer per Microsoft:

You will probably need to use the telephone option to activate.

This is easy to accomplish. Press the WINKEY+R to bring up the Run Dialog box. Type slui 4 and press OK. This will start the telephone activation wizard. Follow the voice instructions to speak to a live representative.





You can also contact

Microsoft Customer Service: (800) 426-9400

before you start if you have additional questions.



Microsoft Customer Service mainly handles issues regarding replacement manuals, disks, drivers and service packs, product IDs, lost CD keys, product orders, policies related to copying software on additional computers, licensing, and product registration.What happens if I change my computer after installing a copy of WIndows 7? I assume I can't use it again?You should try installing Linux



http://ubuntu.com/