Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Do I need to change the BIOS settings when installing RAM?

I have one computer with one 512MB DDR333 RAM module in DIMM slot 1. I would like to add two 256MB DDR266 modules from an usued computer to slots 2 and 3 to bring the memory up to 1GB.



Will the different RAM speeds/sizes be compatible with each other, and do I need to change any BIOS settings before or after installing the RAM?Do I need to change the BIOS settings when installing RAM?you don't need to change anything in your BIOS settings if you are adding RAM,but you cant use your 256mb DDR266 with your 512mb DDR333 coz its not compatible and might one of your RAM may damage use only the same RAM specsDo I need to change the BIOS settings when installing RAM?check what ,Mhz your motherboard support !

no need to change bios setting, it will detect autoDo I need to change the BIOS settings when installing RAM?You do not need to change any settings, but DDR333 and DDR226 are not compatible.Do I need to change the BIOS settings when installing RAM?it can be not good for ur computer becoz both RAMs hav different frequencies....n cont be support with ur computers..ur RAM may be damage..