Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How do I change the color depth from 8 bit to 16 bit or higher? I just bought a game for my pc.?

It is resident evil for windows 95 but I have XP. I got it installed and changed the compatibility so that it runs but I keep getting a message to change color depth.How do I change the color depth from 8 bit to 16 bit or higher? I just bought a game for my pc.?If your graphic card supports higher than 16bit... If not update the card driver.



If it supports 16bit:



Open Display in Control Panel.

Select 16bit or 32bitHow do I change the color depth from 8 bit to 16 bit or higher? I just bought a game for my pc.?the game is sayong that? and when you exit the game does yor desktop still look right?

When you made it compatible with with 95, Go back to the properties and tell it win98 and leave everything else to default. it should run fine then.

Otherwsie if your desktop looks funky, right click the desktop and choose properties and advanced and you will see where to set it back to 24 or 32 bit