Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I'm downloading the Windows 7 RC, currently using XP, can I change back to XP after I install Windows 7 RC?

I am trying the Windows 7 RC Testing.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows



I am currently running Windows XP.

If I install Windows 7 RC will I lose all my files/programs?

And will I be able to change back to using Windows XP if I am not pleased with Windows 7 RC? I need answers quickly please! Thank you!I'm downloading the Windows 7 RC, currently using XP, can I change back to XP after I install Windows 7 RC?This depends on whether or not you install Windows Seven RC on the same hard drive, or the same partition of a physical hard drive, as your existing XP installation.



What I recommend for you to do is to install Windows Seven RC on a separate hard drive, and then you will be able to select the OS you wish to use at boot.



If you have only one hard drive, then backup all your data and partition your drive into two separate sections, one for Windows Seven. Be sure to give Windows Seven RC enough GB of space, which is outlined on the Windows Seven RC website.



Good luck.I'm downloading the Windows 7 RC, currently using XP, can I change back to XP after I install Windows 7 RC?Only if you have recovery cds for your computer. If you dont then you cant changed back to windows xp.I'm downloading the Windows 7 RC, currently using XP, can I change back to XP after I install Windows 7 RC?Yes,You will lose all the settings and programs. If you want to go back to XP, you will have to reinstall.I'm downloading the Windows 7 RC, currently using XP, can I change back to XP after I install Windows 7 RC?Windows 7 will write over XP and you'll have to reinstall XP from scratch if you want to go back to it.



The only way to keep XP and revert back to it easily is to install in a dual boot scenario.I'm downloading the Windows 7 RC, currently using XP, can I change back to XP after I install Windows 7 RC?get 2 hard drives (unless you already have 2 and when you install windows 7 install it on the 2nd hard drive you dont have windows xp on and your xp and windows 7 will both be there



or just use your windows xp installation cds that should have come with your computer



when i installed windows 7 it didnt delete my stuff but everybody said it would (i wuold back up my stuff anyway)